Getting students to school safely, on time and ready to learn.
Looking for a great career that offers work/life balance?
Do you like engaging with your community?
If you answered yes, then we want to talk to you about our exciting opportunities at National Passenger Services!
“I love working for NPS! The support from the team in the office, from Dispatch to Maintenance and everyone in between is exceptional! The COVID measures put in place are very reassuring and make me feel safe” NPS Team member.
NPS has experience in providing safe and reliable transportation to students across Canada. NPS is one of the leading transportation companies in North America, We are currently seeking an Operation Supervisor for our Customer Service Centre (CSC) in Dartmouth, Nova Scotia
- Provides overall CSC operational leadership by directing student transportation services, driver training and vehicle maintenance programs to support the operating plan and overall business goals.
- Provides staff leadership by promoting and ensuring safe, efficient and effective operations
- Monitors staff training requirements and ensure all employees obtain the required skills and abilities to perform their job assignments.
- Sets performance expectations, coaches and counsels all direct reports in an effort to meet operational expectations; administers employee discipline as necessary.
- Ensure overall compliance with Company policies and/or processes. Escalate violations of policy and procedures with General Manager and/or Corporate personnel.
- Oversees compliance with state and district regulations
- Attends meetings with School District Representatives and represents company in professional manner
- Prepares and submits required customer-related reports in a timely manner.
- Documents and manages customer or employee complaints and review customer survey data
- Responsible for knowledge of CSC contracts and accompanying operational requirements.
- Collects and audits employees' time sheets.
- Manages direct and indirect hours to ensure budget requirements are met and collects and audits employees' time sheets as needed.
- Approves all expenditures in accord with company guidelines.
- Ensures the effective utilization of vehicles.
- Oversees the optimization of vehicle routing
- High School diploma or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- 5 years’ work experience required, with 3 years in ground transportation industry preferred; this can be waived with a minimum of 1-year supervisory experience. College education can be substituted for up to 2 years required work experience.
- Supervisory experience preferred; specifically experience supervising/training a driver workforce
- Strong working knowledge of MS Office Software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.) and transportation related software
- Strong leadership skills and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational and group presentation skills
- Well-developed multi-tasking and time management skills
- Possess a valid Commercial Driver’s Licence with appropriate endorsements
- Bi-lingual abilities a plus
National Transportation Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer